Ways to Help[ You Drink More Water
But, make it filtered water for best health
I have been talking about the importance and wisdom of filtering our drinking water.
There is a lot of information out there about our health and some simple things we can do that will help to keep us healthier.
One of the things I see a lot on the Internet and health sites, is that most people probably do not drink enough water.
I am not going to tell you that you should drink a certain amount of water each day. It is true that total water consumption comes, not only from pure water, but also anything you drink or eat that contains water.
The important thing is that we do not become dehydrated.
Our bodies are pretty good at telling us and warning us when we need more of something or that we are consuming too much of something that is not good for us.
We get busy and either don’t take the time to drink water when we are thirsty or we get a little lazy and just wait. When we are thirsty, our bodies are telling us we need to drink water. Let’s not ignore what our bodies are telling us regarding our health.
There are things we can do to help us remember to drink water, if we make up our minds to do it. They are not that hard. In fact these suggestions make it easier:
- Try to drinks a glass of water right after waking in the morning. We tend to get a little dehydrated while sleeping, and should re-hydrate when we wake up.
- Whether at work or home relaxing, have a glass, bottle or jug of water standing by and take a sip from time to time.
- Add some flavor to the water to keep from getting bored. I add some lemon slices and berries to a pitcher of filtered water.
- If you drink soda or sugary drinks, consider watering them down.
- At restaurants, order water to drink instead of soft drinks.
- If you order alcohol, or drink it at home, alternate the alcohol with a sip of water. Remember alcohol tends to cause dehydration.
- On the go? There are high tech water bottles you can purchase that have built-in, replaceable filters. I can recommend one.
- Invest in a under-sink filter, or, if in an apartment purchase an on top of counter filter that connects to the faucet. I can help here too.
- Purchase a water bottle that is marked by either time or ounces to keep track of how much you are drinking.
- If you have water with you when you can, and sip regularly, you probably are less likely to become dehydrated.
- Encourage each family member to drink plenty of water.
- Drink some water after bathroom breaks.
- Drinking plenty of water during the day helps keep skin looking fresher and healthier, and hydrates our internal organs to keep us healthier.
These are some suggestions I do each day. It helps me keep hydrated. Once you get into the habit of always having water available and drinking it, it is easy.
Remember, my primary purpose is to help you and encourage you to filter your water. Always choose a quality drinking water filter that is certified by NSF.
Talk again soon,